August 5, 2008

Two Good Causes!

Most of you know that I am currently trying to get donations for the CFF. The CFF is short for The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. This is one of the largest foundations working on finding new treatments and ultimately a cure for cystic fibrosis. To many people have died because of this terrible disease which they have no control over!! They did nothing to cause this diease and they couldn't do anything to prevent it!

My personal goal is $500 this year since it is my first year. I have until September 13th (the date of my teams walk) to collect donations. So, I still have a lot of work to do. But because I am asking something of you, I'm giving something of myself as well. But I need YOUR help first!!

If I reach my goal of $500 by September 12th (the day BEFORE the walk) I'm going to sacrifice the ONE thing that I can (aside from organs). In case you don't know... currently because of time spent overseas in a country where there is mad cow disease I am not allowed to donate blood. So, I'm going to try to get MONEY donations for Cystic Fibrosis and THEN I'M going to GIVE my HAIR to contribute to wigs for cancer patience who have lost their hair. I'm 90% sure which company I'm going to donate through. I'm thinking I'm going to use Pantene Beautiful Lengths. I'm really excited for this, but I'm REALLY wanting to have this as a reward for you guys who have donated a dollar or so to the CFF. The person asking, giving of themself!

Now, I need to bring to light a couple points... Hair donation isn't all rainbows. There are some standards that is going to cause it to take me a little extra time! But, I will also be opening a blog ONLY for updates on my donation process as well as updating here.
  1. Hair can't be perminately died or chemically altered. (With that said, I have to grow my hair out a little extra. I died my hair about 3 months ago... it's growing out already. But I am going to grow my hair to where my "roots" are at my shoulder. Then I'm getting it cut to right at my shoulders. This still leaves A LOT of length while it continues to grow out.)
  2. Hair must be 8 inches long from the band. (With that said, when I actually do the CUT I would like my hair that I'm keeping to AT LEAST be at my jaw bone when I cut it. So it's gotta be kinda long!)
  3. Needs to be trimmed every 8 weeks to prevent breakage. (This also helps the hair grow faster and healthier. It won't have to be any LENGTH... but just a trim at the very bottom.)
My GOAL is that if we raise the $500 goal by Septmber 12th (the day before the walk this year) I will have my hair CUT and DONATED on Septmber 13th, 2009!! This is one year after the walk I originally gathered donations for. (If by some occassion the growth of my hair doesn't stay as quick as it normally does, I will continue the updates until I have 8 inches that can be cut.)

I will post monthly "accounts" of how it's going, how long the hair is getting, trimmings, and anything else that has to do with hair and condition. I will post it both here and in a blog that is meant for only the cause.

So, please come donate to the CFF and help me meet my goal and then sit back and watch me do all the work! :)

JessicaANI



No comments: