August 2, 2008

Shaved...

I now have a bald kitty cat. Well, it's almost bald. My poor little Waffle was COVERED in fleas. Most likely from living outside since birth. However, it is really hard to treat fleas on a kitten is YOUNG as he is. He's approximately 6 weeks old. You can't treat with anything until 12 weeks of age, however I've found out that I can in fact treat him with a drop type stuff at 8 weeks. However, as many as he had they were drinkin' all his blood so I couldn't just sit around and wait. Although he's very unhappy with me tonight he's hairless and has at least 50 less fleas. There are still SOME on him... but less. Hopefully this will contribute to some kind of greater weight gain. He's not getting TO small but smaller than I'd like to see for being a week into this thing. I have to worm him again in a few days (10 days after the last treatment) and hopefully it takes care of everything. As long as he lives to see 12 weeks he will go in and get a visit from the vet (as will Wally).

Work today was... compliated. I hadn't had to work a full 8 hours shift (scheduled for 9 hours with an hour lunch) in a while... so I was exhausted!! LOL! Another one again tomorrow. But tomorrow Steve gets to clean the house because Monday morning they are suppose to come hook up our cable television, which we are suppose to be getting from New Wave Communications. After they get it all hooked up I'm sure I'll be back to tell ya about all the great stuff on the TV. We even got an extra teir of channels because I HAVE to have my Discovery Health and such. WOOT!

JessicaANI



No comments: